What to do about all those works-in-progress you’ve got floating around
If you’re like me, you’re overrun with works-in-progress. It seems like every time I start a new project, I get so excited about it that I want to work on it all the time. But then, somewhere along the way, I get bogged down. The project becomes more of a chore than a joy, and I start to feel like I’ll never finish it.
If you’re in this boat, don’t despair! It’s actually quite normal to feel this way about your works in progress. The important thing is to keep working on them, even when you don’t feel like it. Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated:
1. Set small goals for yourself. If your project seems overwhelming, break it down into smaller tasks that you can complete easily. This will make it feel less daunting and more achievable.
2. Take a break. It’s okay to take a break from your project every once in a while. Just make sure you come back to it with fresh eyes.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re struggling to get started, or you just don’t know where to go from here, don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are plenty of people out there who are happy to offer advice.
4. Celebrate your accomplishments. When you do finish a task, or even just make progress on your project, celebrate! Give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your hard-earned victory.
5. Don’t give up. The most important thing is to never give up on your projects. Keep working at them until they’re finished, no matter how long it takes.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to stay motivated and finish your works in progress in no time!